Thursday, October 10, 2013

Paleo Pancakes Take Two


Today I had another go at the Paleo Pancakes that I made last week.  Knowing how thin they turned out, I decided to reduce the amount of liquid that I added to the batter to try to make them more like pancakes rather than flapjacks.

I added 1/2 cup of almond milk in 1/4 cup increments to the batter.  I decided that 1/2 cup was enough then started cooking.


These were not liquidy at all.  But be warned, these pancakes kept whatever shape I put them into the pan.  No spreading at all.  See that one down on the bottom that has that little piece hanging off on the side, yeah, it stayed there.  If there was a thin spot in the middle, it stayed thin.  I think I could have used just a touch more almond milk, but not the 2/3 cup like I used before.  Kind of tricky.


Verdict: While these came out nice and fluffy like regular pancakes, my family was divided.  The girls in the house liked them while the guys preferred the thin flapjacks.  And while I say I liked them, I will clarify that I liked them more than I liked the flapjacks. These still had the gritty texture from the almond meal because I haven't bought fine textured almond flour yet.  I really need to get on that.

PALEO PANCAKES
Makes 9 Pancakes

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups almond flour
2 eggs
½ cup almond milk

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Heat pan on medium heat.
2. Grease pan with EVOO or grease of choice.
3. Mix all ingredients.
4. Put into pan in circular shapes.
5. Cook on each side till golden brown, flipping once.
6. Serve with topping of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment