I realized today that I haven't posted in over a week. Yikes! I haven't updated my April or May goals and guess what? I'm not doing it today. I will however let you know what's been going on in the last week to make me AWOL from my blog (in chronological order from my last post on May 12th.)
1 -Stupid allergies strike again. Let me rephrase that. I ate a cookie. Not just any cookie mind you, a Macadamia Nut cookie from Shari's Berries. It was heavenly. It was amazingly good. It had the bottom dipped in chocolate that had coconut oil in it. It took 30 seconds (I kid you not) for my tongue to start itching. 2 minutes later, I was covered in hives from head to toe. Thursday night, round 1 of Benadryl.
2 - Friday morning - round 2 of Benadryl. Hives did not clear up yet. I was supposed to go on a ladies retreat with my church, ended up sleeping Friday afternoon, evening, night and into Saturday morning - late morning. (Waking up for rounds 3 and 4 of Benadryl.) Thankfully kids #2 and #3 spent the weekend at Grandmom's house.
4 - Field trip to the local minor league baseball game. It was my last field trip as Community Coordinator, so that was sad. But we had a great time.
5 - Last club night of Awana. It was a fun time and I even baked a giant Cubbie Bear brownie that was enjoyed by all!
6 - Big push for kids to finish all their school classes early. We spent the week finishing up classes so that #2 and #3 could be finished before item #8 down below. (Keep reading.)
7 - Kid #1 called and asked if she can move in with us. Um, YES!!! We are super excited about this turn of events. We can't wait to have her with us full time. She'll be coming out to live and go to school. SO COOL!
8 - Kid #3 turned 7. No one wanted to do school work on her birthday. Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with 2 sets of her Grandparents. It was the aforementioned Grandma's birthday too! Yes, they share a birthday which is really fun!
9 - Kids #2 and #3 spent the night at the other Grandma's house this weekend.
10 - Last night Seth and I attended the 55th HBCT Officer's Mess. Look at that picture and tell me I don't have a handsome hubby! I dare you! :)
Now we're up to today. Seth is stripping paint and sanding the entry way to start painting this week. Tonight is the awards ceremony for Awana so I'll be leaving shortly to set up for it.
I have to admit, the next 2 weeks will be pretty sparse on the blog. This week I have a few meetings, dentist appointments for us and need to do a big clean of #1's bedroom which has been a storage room for a while. I'm also getting ready to head to California to see #1 graduate from high school. We'll be returning with her after graduation and she'll be spending a month with us. She'll then fly home, go to a previously scheduled conference, pack her things and come back full time. The month here was planned before the decision to move was planned. Really though, it's all good, I'm just excited that she's decided to come live with us.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
22) A new (to me) couch that actually looks great!
23) A mouth to spread the word of God to others.
24) Little children excited to learn about God.
25) Families who bring their children to church to learn about God. (I love Cubbies!)
26) Spring days to play outside.
27) Flowers picked by my daughter.
28) Dresses that fit when you didn't think they would.
29) A military husband who's willing to fight for my freedom, and yours.
30) Medication - despite it being a pain to take every day, I have it and am thankful for it.
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
11) Sunshine and no rain today.
12) Less than a month of school left for my kids.
13) A husband who's willing to sit through ballet class with our daughter so I can spend the day in New York with friends.
14) Children who love me, not just on Mother's day, but every day.
15) A house under construction - it means I have a home and a husband who is willing to work around the house to make it better.
16) Hot tea.
17) The gift of baking yummy things.
18) Friends who love eating the yummy treats I bake.
20) Purple flowers in my garden.