Monday, March 7, 2011

A Relaxing Weekend

I had an amazing weekend.  My husband and I got away for the entire weekend.  Alone.  No kids.  Just us.  It was heavenly.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I love my husband too.  This was the first time that we have been completely alone together since, well, since a weekend when he was home on leave from Afghanistan.  I spent that entire weekend sick as a dog, so that doesn't count.  So before that... well, I honestly don't know.  I'd have to say it was probably in October of 2009.  Yes, that's right.  That was the last time that the kids spent a weekend at Grandma's house where Seth and I were alone together.  Needless to say, we had a great weekend.

We spent the weekend up in Harrisburg.  We ate at some local restaurants, went to a Hershey Bears game, and did some shopping.  Overall it was a quiet, relaxing weekend.

Surprisingly enough, I had some time to read.  Not much though, as I found myself still doing Friday's reading on Sunday morning.  But I had a little over an hour in the car on the way back and during random times during the day yesterday, I managed to get myself completely caught up in my reading.  In fact, it was 5 minutes to midnight last night and I finished Daniel 8.  I had to laugh because I don't know how He did it, but God sure stretched my time to allow me to finish 3 days worth of reading in 1.  I read from Ezekiel 31 through Daniel 8 in one day.  Wow. 

What I read was mostly prophecy, some of it was chronology for Daniel.  Some parts were easier to read than others.  All of it was wonderful.  I'm so glad that I'm still on track and reading so much of God's word right now.  This week I have 2 field trips and a whole house to clean before my grandparents get here next week.  I'm sure God will provide time for me to continue to stay on track and read His word.  It's such a blessing to be reading the Bible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment