Sunday, March 20, 2011

Prayer Request

Photo from Watton on the Web
Over the last week I have been evaluating what all I do.  Not just at home, but everything.  I'm involved in quite a lot with my church, I cyberschool my kids, and set up field trips for the cyberschool.  I will be taking on some new responsibilities within my husband's National Guard unit in relation to the families which will be more intensive over the next year or so as we prepare and go through a deployment to Kuwait. 

You may be asking why am I taking on a new responsibility if I feel I already have too many?  Well, with my husband being the Executive Officer of his unit right now, it's kind of falling to me to take on the family duties.  And having gone through a couple of deployments with absolutely no contact from the family volunteers, I don't want any other family going through what I have gone through and I want to help in that area.

With the new responsibilities coming in, I feel like something needs to go.  There are days where I feel like I am involved in so much stuff, that I can't focus on my family, or my home.  At that point, I need to cut something.  There are 3 things that I am torn about losing.  All three I'd be ok with stepping back from, but all three I do enjoy doing.  So what do I do?  Do I cut one of them?  All of them?  If only one, which one?  I just don't know.  So over the next week I am going to be doing some focused prayer into what I should do.  If you think of me over the next week, please be in prayer for me as I make a difficult decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment