Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nerves

It's been a month since I fell and I'm still in quite a bit of pain. I went to the doctor today and he scheduled me for an MRI tomorrow on my foot with a follow-up appointment on Tuesday where I'll get the results.

I pretty much know my foot is fractured. I can pin point the exact spot where the fracture is because I can feel it with every step. What can they do for it? I have no idea. So what's my problem? The MRI.

I am claustrophobic. Extremely claustrophobic. I can't even play hide-n-seek with my kids anymore. The kids don't seem to mind because I find them awesome places to hide that they wouldn't think of on their own. But I digress....

The MRI is not an open MRI tomorrow, but the doctor said that my head will be out since only my foot is being scanned. I hope that is in fact the case. I've had 2 MRI's in the past, one open and one not open. I flipped big time during the closed MRI. It wasn't pretty and I don't want to think about that again. So needless to say, I'm a bit nervous but trying to be comforted that the doc said my head will be out.

So keep me in your prayers that I won't be flipping out tomorrow. It's an hour long scan that starts at 5:15 tomorrow night. Now, to find clothes that don't have buttons or zippers to wear so I don't have to wear an icky little gown. :)

1 comment: