Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Weeks

It's January 18th and I thought I would give a mid-month update on my goals for the month.  Here were my goals for January:
  • Stay on track in my Bible reading
  • Rest and recover from surgery
  • Organize my closet and weed out all the clothes I don't wear or need
  • Quit Smoking
So far, I am doing great!  I am 2 weeks smoke free today.  I'm not 18 days smoke free, but as I said before, I was a bit stressed about my surgery.  As for my rest and recovery, I spent a whole week in bed with my family waiting on me hand and foot.  I spent the next week on a couch, doing very little.  I did venture out of the house yesterday for a few hours, still not lifting or moving anything heavy.  My mother told me I am not going to lift anything heavy for 2 weeks.  So she decided she's doing all my laundry during that time.  *Score!*

My closet is amazingly organized.  Seth has hung bars, shelves, hanging organizers, put in baskets and more.  Almost all of my clothes have been sorted (I had a lot of free time the last 2 weeks) and I have quite the donation pile.  I think my husband and I filled 4 huge trash bags full of clothes that we are going to donate to a local Rescue Mission.

As for my Bible reading, I've only missed 1 day.  But, I knew I would miss the day of my surgery.  I started the Bible from the beginning and today I'm reading in Joshua.  It's quite a bit of reading each day, but it has been wonderful.  I'm glad I've been able to stick to my goals so easily this month.  I hope that as I get back into doing more, I will be able to stick to my reading schedule. 

How are you doing on your goals?  Leave me a comment and let me know if you've been successful with your resolutions.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I'm glad you are getting stronger and recovering well.

    I found your blog on Christian mommy bloggers email list. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep those goals, girlie! I'm quite proud of you, and you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete