Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day. It's supposed to be a day filled with love and romance. My day is filled with puke.

The kids spent the weekend with their grandmother and I had a weekend to myself. I had lots of fun things planned and I got to do some of them. Friday night I went to a girls game night, Saturday I planned on going to a Pampered Chef party and in the evening I went to see New Moon in the cheap theater with some friends.

I didn't make it to the Pampered Chef party because I was waiting for Fed Ex to arrive. My husband sent me two dozen beautiful roses. I think missing the party was worth it!

After I got home from the movie I didn't feel so well. I ended up sick all night long. When I called my mother-in-law this morning to let her know I wouldn't be able to pick the kids up, she informed me that kid #3 was sick last night and this morning (and subsequently all day long). #2 had been sick earlier this week and I think we got the bug from him. Not a fun Valentine's day.

Of course, there isn't much romance involved when your husband is many miles away. Or is there? My husband sent me those beautiful flowers with a note that had the first verse of Longing by Matthew Arnold written on it. He's posted on facebook and twitter love notes to me today. He's called to wish me a happy Valentine's day. Do I really need anything more? Nope!

So my day has been filled with unexpected surprises, but it's still filled with an immense amount of love from my family. But there is one love that is more important than all the rest.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment