Monday, November 9, 2009

The Military Life

In December, my husband will be leaving for one year. He'll start off by heading to Indiana for a month of training before he goes to Afghanistan. He'll spend about 10 months over there and will finish with one more month back in Indiana.

Being a military wife, I know the possibility of my husband being deployed is always there. It's hard knowing that he's about to leave for a full year. Our son was upset that Daddy will miss his birthday in December. I told him I'm upset too. Our 10th anniversary is in March.

All I can do is support my husband. I will pray for him. I will make videos of the kids and I. We will make him care packages to send to him monthly.

I am also blessed by a wonderful church family who has already offered to help before and during his deployment. Someone offered today to watch the kids overnight so my husband and I can have a full evening together before he leaves. Yes, I cried when I heard that offer.

I know that no matter what, my husband, my kids and I have been, and will be, blanketed in prayer during this deployment. I know that God is in control of our lives and I will put my trust in him. Please continue to pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your husband will be gone for birthdays and your anniversary! I will keep y'all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete