Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Been A While

It's been over 2 months since my last post. What can I say? I've been busy is an understatement. Our remodeling is coming along nicely. Seth has started painting this weekend which means we have finished the speakers, drywall, spackling, skim coating and sanding. We are happy about our color choices, however we wanted flat paint for the walls but the color we chose only came in satin. So we'll start putting it on and if we don't like the satin then we have a color that is close that we like in flat.

We've also celebrated some birthdays! Kid #1 celebrated her 16th birthday and Kid #3 celebrated her 5th. Kid #1 is going to go on a shopping spree while #3 decided to have 3 friends spend the night. Here are some cute pics of the 4 little girls.



#2 also had a very important night. He received a very high honor of completing all 3 Sparks books in Awana. He also completed an extra workbook each year of Sparks to earn bonus pins for his vest. Upon completion of the third book he received a special plaque to hang on his wall. We are very proud of him!



Mom celebrated Mother's Day by receiving a new mp3 player and treating herself to a new hair cut and a dye job. I like having dark auburn hair every now and then! 3 days after Mother's Day I had a little accident and fell. Long story short, I tore the muscle in my foot that extends from my ankle to my toes. In the picture above with Seth, #2, Miss Chelly and I, you can see a black thing on my leg. No, it's not just a fashion statement, it's a walking cast to keep my foot immobile. I fell back on the 13th and today is the 25th and I'm still in quite a bit of pain. So tomorrow I'll be heading over to the orthopedic doctor for an evaluation.
So there's the update. I hope to get back into blogging again now that I'm stuck off my feet for a while. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. #3 graduated from preschool on Friday and #2's last day of school is next week. Summer can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment