Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dan's Pumpkin Pie with Molasses

I am so excited that Thanksgiving is almost here. I don't care about the turkey, in fact I usually eat one little piece then hit everything else. I love stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and lots of biscuits.

But my absolute most favorite part of the meal is the pumpkin pie. I'm not talking bland, store bought, plain pumpkin pie. No, I'm talking about a spiced-molasses pie. MMMMMMM!!!

My grandpop came up with this recipe and now I can't go a Thanksgiving or Christmas without it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Today's Housewife is doing recipes from Mom (or other family members) this weekend and I thought this would be great.

Dan's Pumpkin Pie with Molasses
1 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 Lg. Can Pumpkin
3 Beaten Eggs
1 2/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Molasses
2- 9" pie shells

Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Combine brown sugar, salt and spices. Add remaining ingredients, mix until smooth. Pour into 2 unbaked 9 inch pastry shells and sprinkle with a little cinnamon (or cloves or nutmeg) right in the middle of each pie. (It makes a cool looking effect when finished baking.) Bake for 15 minutes at 425. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 minutes. Let stand uncovered until set. Serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment