Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Finale

VBS ended last night. All the decorations came down and were passed along to another church this morning. It was an amazing week with a wonderful turnout. We had 136 students come through our doors and we were able to spread the word of God to each of these kids and their parents.

With the close of another VBS I'm sad and excited at the same time. It is difficult being the person in charge; trying to get people to sign up to work, planning the week's events, and dealing with the issues that arise. But the feeling of elation at seeing all of those kids learn about Christ makes it all worth it. Now that it's all said and done I realize that I won't be the director next year. I've stepped down from the position so I can do something else, be part of the worship team.

I worked on the worship team a couple years ago and I loved it. Being director made me miss it since I was unable to help because I was running around doing other things. I like doing the music and the motions, I guess it's the cheerleader in me. I'm excited to be part of worship next year, I might even be in charge of it. I'll make the final decision for that later when I find out the date of VBS and the date of when my hubby is going out of the country next summer. If they coincide then I'll have to make a choice of Bulgaria or VBS. But that's next year.

Overall I am very pleased with the events of this week. I'm thankful for all of the workers who helped, especially the ones who stayed until 11:00 last night to help take down decorations. Next on my plate -- clean my whole house and do a ton of laundry before my hubby comes home from Turkey tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment