Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Typical Tuesday

Today is not a typical Tuesday.  Today started with me sleeping in.  Yes that's right, I slept until almost 9:00.  My husband has today off of work and decided to go hunting.  So I didn't have to get up at 5:30 and make his breakfast and lunch.  It was so nice!


Our youngest 2 kids got up and made their own breakfast and started school without me.  What good kids I have!  I got up and decided to try my hand at baking bread since I now have a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.  I used the basic wheat bread recipe that came with my stand mixer.  Sadly, after over an hour, it didn't rise.  I decided to find a different recipe online and here are the results:


They literally just came out of the oven and smell so very good!  I can't wait to try a piece.  

Today in school #3 had an art project.  She made a mask that looks very similar to herself.  She even decided to use tan construction paper to represent her skin tone.  I'm rather proud of her for thinking of that.


#1 is out and about in town with my hubby right now.  And when I say out and about, I mean she's driving.  She's got her permit and today she is driving in town traffic.  It's wonderful to see her learn how to drive so she can be more independent.

#2 is still hanging on the couch.  He's had a bad chest cough for a week now, but it's clearing up and his earache is virtually gone.  He's missed church, scouts and Awana for 2 weeks, but he should be cleared up enough to return to a normal routine this weekend.  

Lots of different things today, but all have been good.  Now, it's time for me to go and see how my bread baking adventure went.

** Update -- The bread is delicious!  Here's the recipe I used.  **

No comments:

Post a Comment