Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tea and Toast

Black and Green balloons for the
Philadelphia Eagles! 
This morning I woke up to a tray of tea and toast and my kids singing Happy Birthday.  It was wonderful!  As of last night I didn't have any big expectations for today.  My husband is gone with the National Guard right now and won't be back until later this month.  So birthday plans for me have been put on hold.  But my kids woke up extra early so they could make me birthday cards and breakfast.

Later this evening we are going to dinner with my mom and step-dad.  I don't know where we are going yet, but my son decided to skip cub scouts so we can all go together.

Purple tulips because they are my
favorite!  From #3.
Last month I received a really cool birthday present from my dad.  A fishing rod with LED lights in it.  It is so neat, and the best part is it's pink!  I got a pink fishing rod!  The LED lights glow when you spin the reel.  They aren't very bright, so no scaring the fish away.  Unfortunately with all the rain, I haven't had a chance to use it yet.  Hopefully I will be able to go fishing this weekend or next weekend.

So despite going to bed alone, after having the following conversation with my kids:

Me: Who made me a birthday card for tomorrow?
#2 & #3:
 Deer in headlights looks.
Me: I wonder if I'll get a birthday cake tomorrow.
#2: Sure, go bake yourself one!

it looks like I'm going to have a great birthday after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment