Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday, Family Visit, School

It's been an interesting few weeks since my last post. My parents came in from California to visit for my birthday. We had a wonderful visit and I had a great birthday. The best gift I received was of course a whisk. I'm an avid whisk collector. I don't know why, but I just think all sorts of fun, different and weird whisks are neat. For my birthday my parents gave me the biggest whisk I have ever seen.
Oh, I'm in heaven! I haven't counted my whisks in a while, but I do believe I own over 20 whisks now. Unfortunately, this one is too big to go with my other whisks, and too big to fit in a drawer. I want to mount it on the wall above the stove, but my hubby doesn't agree. We'll see who wins that argument. It's my kitchen right?

While my parents were here we got to go to a corn maze, pick pumpkins, and carve those pumpkins. They also attended ballet with my daughter and went to Cub Scouts with my son. They enjoyed having their grandparents here and cried when they left. Well, I cried too so I don't blame them for that!


Now that they are gone we are getting back into our normal routine. The kids are doing school work each day and I'm finding it surprisingly easy to teach both at the same time. I love the curriculum we use and the online charter school was definitely the answer for us.

Since our routine has us finishing school around 2:00 each day, it's given me ample time to work on my schooling. I'm happy to say that today once the kids finish their school, I will be starting my final transcription class. I've been working for a couple of years now in trying to get a medical transcription degree. It's so exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Right now I'm carrying a 94 average and am hoping to keep that or raise it with my final classes!

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome you were able to have your family visit! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! That is a really big whisk. That's an interesting thing to collect. It's great that you'll be finishing school soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you decided what to do with the wisk yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet, so it's still sitting on my counter. I don't want to just stick it in the pantry, but my hubby won't give in on mounting it on the wall. :( I'm still working on him! :)

    ReplyDelete