Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 2

So the title says Day 2 even though there is no post for Day 1. That's because I was a bit crazy yesterday. You see we're cutting costs around here and I'm doing my part to help the family finances. I quit smoking Wednesday night. I had my last one before I went to bed and haven't had one since.

The first day is the hardest. I should know, it's my 5th time quitting. I do consider each time to be successful as each time I quit was for 1 year or more. I tend to start back up when some extremely stressful event happens to me. I started when I was 16 and quit 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with my son at 21. I started again when my husband, son and I moved in with my parents for an extended time. I quit when I found out I was pregnant with our daughter. I started again when my husband left for training before he went to Iraq. Shortly before he came home from Iraq I quit again. A year later I started working nights & weekends at WalMart while still staying with the kids all day, and started again. I quit after I stopped working there.

In January of last year my husband left for training in Kentucky. In fact, he was gone for the majority of the year, leaving me at home with both kids and with a temporary job. I started smoking just 2 weeks after he left. I hid it for a while, in fact I didn't even tell him until I went to visit him in February last year. Only some people around me know that I was smoking now. Although, I don't know how everyone didn't know because I fully know how bad smoke smells!

Fast forward 1 year later. Money is tight and I decided to help out. Not quite the way my hubby wants me to help, but it is at least something. Day 1 was hard, I even survived a trip to Chuck E. Cheese with a bunch of 4 year-olds! But my hubby was great, he made a trip to the convenience store so I wouldn't have to stop (and buy some cigs along with the milk) and he watched the kids in the evening so I could go to practice without them. I came home, made it an early night and was in bed by 10. Yes, that is early for me.

So here I am on day 2. I feel great. I didn't get much of anything that I wanted to do today finished, but I don't care because I didn't smoke. I can catch up on the laundry tomorrow. I did however play tea party with my daughter, helped my son with his school work, and didn't take anyone's head off. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment