Monday, August 18, 2008

Can't Stop Time

My hubby made the comment the other day that this will be my last year where I am part of "Rock the Vote". Then he said, "Oh wait, you'll be too old by the time the election comes!" After I jumped on him I proceeded to remind him that he hasn't been part of Rock the Vote for several years. I'm not worried about turning 30 this year. Actually I'm looking forward to it. I have about a month and a half before the big day and I'm ready for it. At that time I'll have my hubby home for a while (with the military who knows how long it will actually be) and I'm looking forward to some time to spend with him.

I'm not one to try to stop time and stay 29 forever. I'm looking forward to being 30. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is looking 30. My kids commented on my wrinkles around my eyes the other day and I told them they were smile lines. They are lines that represent happiness and they are nothing to be ashamed about. My kids didn't buy it, but I don't care. If I can be happy and enjoy my life then they will see happiness in our family. I want to have fun with them and love them and let them see and remember that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment