Saturday, December 4, 2010

Waiting, waiting, WAITING!!!

I hate waiting. What's at the end of the wait is going to be so very worth it though. I'm waiting for a phone call. Not just any call mind you. This call is going to be one with an immense amount of relief attached to it. What's so important about a phone call?

I'm waiting for my husband to call me to tell me he's back on American soil.

That's right, my husband, who has been gone nearly all year, is almost finished his tour. I haven't spoken to him in a few days and I know he's in transit somewhere in the world. Frankly, I don't care where he is, I just want my phone call saying he's back in the United States. He still has a bit of time to serve in Indiana and unfortunately, I'm not allowed to visit him there, but Indiana is in the USA and that still is relief to me.

This year has been hard, but I survived. This year has had fun times, but I survived. This year I've cried a lot, but I survived. This year I learned that even in my darkest, loneliest hours, I can survive. How did I survive? I had help. My friends have been wonderful this year, my family has been great, my church has been so very supportive and helpful. Most importantly, God has been there to see me through the dark times. He's been the one sending people to help when I needed it most. He's been the one who has provided me with amazing friends, family and a wonderful church family. He's the reason that I have been able to get up and keep moving every day. I am so thankful to be so loved.

I'm not sure when my phone call will come, but I know I will be celebrating when it does. And when it does come, I'll be saying a prayer of thanks to God who has kept my husband safe and heard all my prayers this year.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I hope you get that phone call. May God be gracious.
    What grace He has shown this year. And your gratitude is boundless.
    Blessings,
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did GREAT through this trial, and showed amazing faith. But I am so thankful your wait is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! This morning I received my phone call. He's back in the USA and within 7 days he'll be back in our home.

    ReplyDelete