Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Slow Cooker Paleo Pork Stew


Last night's dinner might have flopped, but this one sure didn't!  I started this recipe based off of Nom Nom Paleo's similar recipe and I tweaked it a bit.  I made some good choices in this!  Quick, easy, and so, so good! 


I started off by slicing one onion nice and thin and adding a small bag of baby carrots to my 6 quart crock pot.  I minced 6 cloves of garlic and threw that on top.  Have I told you all that I FINALLY got a Pampered Chef garlic press?  Oh my gosh I am in love with it!  That thing is awesome.  If you use garlic frequently, you need one of those.  

Anyways...  I cubed 3 pounds of pork shoulder roast and threw that in a bowl and dumped on 1 tablespoon of my organic seasoned salt.  I mixed that all up and threw it on top of the onions and carrots.  I then cut a head of cabbage into about 6 wedges and placed them on top of the pork.  Some Marinara sauce, salt and pepper, then I cooked it on high for 5 hours.  When it was done, I poured some Balsamic vinegar all over the top then mixed it all up.   


Verdict: This was a great meal tonight.  It was a cold day and this warmed us right up.  Very tasty and filling. Everyone loved this meal and it will be made again.

SLOW COOKER PALEO PORK STEW
Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS:
1 small onion, sliced thin
6 cloves of garlic, minced
½ pound baby carrots
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds pork shoulder roast, cut into cubes
1 TBSP organic seasoned salt (or your favorite seasoning blend)
1 small cabbage, cut into 6-8 wedges
1 cup Paleo-friendly marinara sauce
1 TBSP Balsamic vinegar

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In bottom of 6 quart crock pot (or large crock), lay down the sliced onions, carrots and minced garlic.  Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl place your cubes of pork roast and coat with the 1 TBSP of organic seasoned salt.  Mix well.
3. Put the seasoned pork cubes on top of the vegetables in the crock.
4. Cut the cabbage into 6-8 wedges and lay on top of the pork cubes. 
5. Drizzle with marinara sauce.  Season with more sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
7. Take the lid off and drizzle with 1 TBSP Balsamic vinegar.  Mix all ingredients well.  Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment